Sep 20, 2012, 8:53 AM EDT
Dusty Baker went to the hospital before yesterday’s Cubs-Reds game, thinking he may have had pneumonia or something. Turned out to be something else: an irregular heartbeat. Baker was hospitalized overnight and will have precautionary tests.
After the game Brandon Phillips had this to say about Baker’s absence:
“I had to worry about my daddy,” Phillips said. “I can’t have daddy pass out on us. We can’t let that happen. I am glad he is all right. He is going to be in my prayers when I get back to the hotel. Before I go to sleep make sure I say some prayers for him and family also. Hopefully I miss him because I miss him, I miss him and the toothpicks and the wristbands, I miss it all.”
It sounds like he’s OK. Though it’s not clear if he’ll rejoin the team today or not.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)