Sep 20, 2012, 8:53 AM EST
Dusty Baker went to the hospital before yesterday’s Cubs-Reds game, thinking he may have had pneumonia or something. Turned out to be something else: an irregular heartbeat. Baker was hospitalized overnight and will have precautionary tests.
After the game Brandon Phillips had this to say about Baker’s absence:
“I had to worry about my daddy,” Phillips said. “I can’t have daddy pass out on us. We can’t let that happen. I am glad he is all right. He is going to be in my prayers when I get back to the hotel. Before I go to sleep make sure I say some prayers for him and family also. Hopefully I miss him because I miss him, I miss him and the toothpicks and the wristbands, I miss it all.”
It sounds like he’s OK. Though it’s not clear if he’ll rejoin the team today or not.
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 138
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 39
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 15
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 23