Sep 20, 2012, 8:53 AM EDT
Dusty Baker went to the hospital before yesterday’s Cubs-Reds game, thinking he may have had pneumonia or something. Turned out to be something else: an irregular heartbeat. Baker was hospitalized overnight and will have precautionary tests.
After the game Brandon Phillips had this to say about Baker’s absence:
“I had to worry about my daddy,” Phillips said. “I can’t have daddy pass out on us. We can’t let that happen. I am glad he is all right. He is going to be in my prayers when I get back to the hotel. Before I go to sleep make sure I say some prayers for him and family also. Hopefully I miss him because I miss him, I miss him and the toothpicks and the wristbands, I miss it all.”
It sounds like he’s OK. Though it’s not clear if he’ll rejoin the team today or not.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (211)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)