Sep 20, 2012, 1:35 PM EDT
Reds manager Dusty Baker, hospitalized after being diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat, was underdoing another test Thursday and could return to Cincinnati on Friday.
Acting manager Chris Speier said doctors are awaiting the test results to see if everything was OK, and that Baker would likely fly back to Cincinnati the following day. The Reds, on the verge of wrapping up the NL Central, begin a series Friday against the Dodgers.
This will have him miss today’s game.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 70
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)