Sep 20, 2012, 1:35 PM EDT
Reds manager Dusty Baker, hospitalized after being diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat, was underdoing another test Thursday and could return to Cincinnati on Friday.
Acting manager Chris Speier said doctors are awaiting the test results to see if everything was OK, and that Baker would likely fly back to Cincinnati the following day. The Reds, on the verge of wrapping up the NL Central, begin a series Friday against the Dodgers.
This will have him miss today’s game.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)