Sep 20, 2012, 1:35 PM EST
Reds manager Dusty Baker, hospitalized after being diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat, was underdoing another test Thursday and could return to Cincinnati on Friday.
Acting manager Chris Speier said doctors are awaiting the test results to see if everything was OK, and that Baker would likely fly back to Cincinnati the following day. The Reds, on the verge of wrapping up the NL Central, begin a series Friday against the Dodgers.
This will have him miss today’s game.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (86)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)