Sep 20, 2012, 1:35 PM EDT
Reds manager Dusty Baker, hospitalized after being diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat, was underdoing another test Thursday and could return to Cincinnati on Friday.
Acting manager Chris Speier said doctors are awaiting the test results to see if everything was OK, and that Baker would likely fly back to Cincinnati the following day. The Reds, on the verge of wrapping up the NL Central, begin a series Friday against the Dodgers.
This will have him miss today’s game.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 42
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 48
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 6
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)