Sep 20, 2012, 1:35 PM EST
Reds manager Dusty Baker, hospitalized after being diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat, was underdoing another test Thursday and could return to Cincinnati on Friday.
Acting manager Chris Speier said doctors are awaiting the test results to see if everything was OK, and that Baker would likely fly back to Cincinnati the following day. The Reds, on the verge of wrapping up the NL Central, begin a series Friday against the Dodgers.
This will have him miss today’s game.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 30
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 28
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 163
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (163)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)