Sep 20, 2012, 8:27 PM EDT
Being totally honest here: the Phillies media relations people are pretty awesome. I’ve not dealt with them too much, but when I was in Clearwater for spring training a couple years ago they were easily the coolest operation in the Grapefruit League (the Dbacks folks in the Cactus League are incredibly nice and accommodating too; it’s a close race). Pleasant, nice. Willing to do anything for you, even if you’re a total idiot noob like I was back in 2010 when I was stumbling around their joint.
Part of being nice, however, is being optimistic. And sometimes being optimistic can lead to being overly optimistic. Take this email I got from the Phillies today:
Dear Craig Calcaterra,
The Phillies Division Series credential application will be available beginning on Thursday, September 20, 2012 … PLEASE NOTE: Credential requests for the League Championship Series and World Series are handled through Major League Baseball.
Isn’t that the most adorable thing you’ve ever seen? I almost want to hug them that’s so cute. Next thing you know they’ll be selling playoff tickets. Oh, wait, they are. C’mere you guys [hugggs]
Of course, if they could play the Mets every night for the rest of the season maybe they’d have a chance.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- PHT: Hossa day to day with upper-body injury
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- PBT: Unheralded Green could steal NBA Finals MVP