Sep 20, 2012, 8:27 PM EDT
Being totally honest here: the Phillies media relations people are pretty awesome. I’ve not dealt with them too much, but when I was in Clearwater for spring training a couple years ago they were easily the coolest operation in the Grapefruit League (the Dbacks folks in the Cactus League are incredibly nice and accommodating too; it’s a close race). Pleasant, nice. Willing to do anything for you, even if you’re a total idiot noob like I was back in 2010 when I was stumbling around their joint.
Part of being nice, however, is being optimistic. And sometimes being optimistic can lead to being overly optimistic. Take this email I got from the Phillies today:
Dear Craig Calcaterra,
The Phillies Division Series credential application will be available beginning on Thursday, September 20, 2012 … PLEASE NOTE: Credential requests for the League Championship Series and World Series are handled through Major League Baseball.
Isn’t that the most adorable thing you’ve ever seen? I almost want to hug them that’s so cute. Next thing you know they’ll be selling playoff tickets. Oh, wait, they are. C’mere you guys [hugggs]
Of course, if they could play the Mets every night for the rest of the season maybe they’d have a chance.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 13
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 6
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 93
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (94)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)