Sep 20, 2012, 8:55 PM EDT
I’m not the best judge of movies based on trailers, but after watching the trailer to “42,” the new Jackie Robinson biopic coming out next April, I’m quite optimistic and enthused. You can watch the trailer here.
Chadwick Boseman plays Robinson. Harrison Ford plays Branch Rickey. Based on the trailer, it’s the first time Ford has actually acted with some sort of fun and emotion since the “we’ve come to see zee tapestries” scene from “Last Crusade.” It would be very cool to see him finally embrace his inner character actor, and maybe he’s doing it here.
Yeah, I’m gonna go see this. Are you?
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 56
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 43
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)