Sep 20, 2012, 8:55 PM EST
I’m not the best judge of movies based on trailers, but after watching the trailer to “42,” the new Jackie Robinson biopic coming out next April, I’m quite optimistic and enthused. You can watch the trailer here.
Chadwick Boseman plays Robinson. Harrison Ford plays Branch Rickey. Based on the trailer, it’s the first time Ford has actually acted with some sort of fun and emotion since the “we’ve come to see zee tapestries” scene from “Last Crusade.” It would be very cool to see him finally embrace his inner character actor, and maybe he’s doing it here.
Yeah, I’m gonna go see this. Are you?
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 6
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 3
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 27
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)