Sep 20, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
Makes sense give that the option is for $22 million, which is way too much for almost every pitcher out there. Peavy will get a $4 million buyout on the option.
And he’ll make decent money in free agency this year after showing that he’s got his groove back. To date he’s thrown 198 and two-thirds innings, putting any concerns about his durability after his injury-plagued past few years. And he’s been good too, posting a 3.26 ERA, a WHIP of 1.112 and striking out 177.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)