Sep 20, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
Makes sense give that the option is for $22 million, which is way too much for almost every pitcher out there. Peavy will get a $4 million buyout on the option.
And he’ll make decent money in free agency this year after showing that he’s got his groove back. To date he’s thrown 198 and two-thirds innings, putting any concerns about his durability after his injury-plagued past few years. And he’s been good too, posting a 3.26 ERA, a WHIP of 1.112 and striking out 177.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 45
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)