Sep 20, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
Makes sense give that the option is for $22 million, which is way too much for almost every pitcher out there. Peavy will get a $4 million buyout on the option.
And he’ll make decent money in free agency this year after showing that he’s got his groove back. To date he’s thrown 198 and two-thirds innings, putting any concerns about his durability after his injury-plagued past few years. And he’s been good too, posting a 3.26 ERA, a WHIP of 1.112 and striking out 177.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)