Sep 20, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
Makes sense give that the option is for $22 million, which is way too much for almost every pitcher out there. Peavy will get a $4 million buyout on the option.
And he’ll make decent money in free agency this year after showing that he’s got his groove back. To date he’s thrown 198 and two-thirds innings, putting any concerns about his durability after his injury-plagued past few years. And he’s been good too, posting a 3.26 ERA, a WHIP of 1.112 and striking out 177.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 110
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 64
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (110)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)