Sep 20, 2012, 3:00 PM EST
Makes sense give that the option is for $22 million, which is way too much for almost every pitcher out there. Peavy will get a $4 million buyout on the option.
And he’ll make decent money in free agency this year after showing that he’s got his groove back. To date he’s thrown 198 and two-thirds innings, putting any concerns about his durability after his injury-plagued past few years. And he’s been good too, posting a 3.26 ERA, a WHIP of 1.112 and striking out 177.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 44
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 32
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 50
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)