Sep 21, 2012, 4:02 PM EDT
UPDATE: We spoke too soon. Dusty Baker will miss another game because of an irregular heartbeat. Chris Speier will continue to fill in for Baker.
10:30 AM: Good news: Ken Rosenthal reports that Dusty Baker, who has spent the last two days in the hospital due to an irregular heartbeat, is expected to manage the Reds tonight.
The final determination should be made later today, but it sounds like he’ll be leaving Chicago and should be back in Cincinnati tonight for the Reds-Dodgers tilt. Between his return and the Reds clinching last night, I would expect mucho applause.
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 0
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 11
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 44
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 216
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)