Sep 21, 2012, 4:02 PM EDT
UPDATE: We spoke too soon. Dusty Baker will miss another game because of an irregular heartbeat. Chris Speier will continue to fill in for Baker.
10:30 AM: Good news: Ken Rosenthal reports that Dusty Baker, who has spent the last two days in the hospital due to an irregular heartbeat, is expected to manage the Reds tonight.
The final determination should be made later today, but it sounds like he’ll be leaving Chicago and should be back in Cincinnati tonight for the Reds-Dodgers tilt. Between his return and the Reds clinching last night, I would expect mucho applause.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 57
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (114)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?