Sep 21, 2012, 4:02 PM EDT
UPDATE: We spoke too soon. Dusty Baker will miss another game because of an irregular heartbeat. Chris Speier will continue to fill in for Baker.
10:30 AM: Good news: Ken Rosenthal reports that Dusty Baker, who has spent the last two days in the hospital due to an irregular heartbeat, is expected to manage the Reds tonight.
The final determination should be made later today, but it sounds like he’ll be leaving Chicago and should be back in Cincinnati tonight for the Reds-Dodgers tilt. Between his return and the Reds clinching last night, I would expect mucho applause.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 59
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (111)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)