Sep 21, 2012, 8:53 PM EST
When you’re hot, everything turns into a hit.
It was Ichiro’s 10th hit in his last 13 at-bats.
One would think a ball would have been much more likely to find its way into opposing starter CC Sabathia‘s pajama top than Parker’s uni, but leaving that top button open proved to be the key.
Ichiro stole second after reaching, but he was stranded afterwards. Parker gave up his first run an inning later in the fourth.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 24
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 51
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)