Sep 21, 2012, 8:53 PM EDT
When you’re hot, everything turns into a hit.
It was Ichiro’s 10th hit in his last 13 at-bats.
One would think a ball would have been much more likely to find its way into opposing starter CC Sabathia‘s pajama top than Parker’s uni, but leaving that top button open proved to be the key.
Ichiro stole second after reaching, but he was stranded afterwards. Parker gave up his first run an inning later in the fourth.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 25
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 252
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 43
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (253)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (158)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)