Sep 21, 2012, 8:53 PM EDT
When you’re hot, everything turns into a hit.
It was Ichiro’s 10th hit in his last 13 at-bats.
One would think a ball would have been much more likely to find its way into opposing starter CC Sabathia‘s pajama top than Parker’s uni, but leaving that top button open proved to be the key.
Ichiro stole second after reaching, but he was stranded afterwards. Parker gave up his first run an inning later in the fourth.
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 63
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)