Sep 21, 2012, 8:53 PM EDT
When you’re hot, everything turns into a hit.
It was Ichiro’s 10th hit in his last 13 at-bats.
One would think a ball would have been much more likely to find its way into opposing starter CC Sabathia‘s pajama top than Parker’s uni, but leaving that top button open proved to be the key.
Ichiro stole second after reaching, but he was stranded afterwards. Parker gave up his first run an inning later in the fourth.
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 0
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 17
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 46
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)