Sep 21, 2012, 8:53 PM EST
When you’re hot, everything turns into a hit.
It was Ichiro’s 10th hit in his last 13 at-bats.
One would think a ball would have been much more likely to find its way into opposing starter CC Sabathia‘s pajama top than Parker’s uni, but leaving that top button open proved to be the key.
Ichiro stole second after reaching, but he was stranded afterwards. Parker gave up his first run an inning later in the fourth.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 74
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)