Sep 21, 2012, 8:52 AM EDT
Josh Hamilton has missed the last two games with sinus trouble so severe that it has affected his vision. They’ve gotten so bad now that he had to leave the Rangers’ road trip last night and is flying back to Texas to be examined by team doctors.
If he ends up missing the entire Rangers-Mariners series this weekend it does two things:
(1) it opens the door for Miguel Cabrera to pass him in the home run race, bolstering his chances at the triple crown; and
(2) renders those “Josh Hamilton is soft” comments from John-Jacques Taylor even more odious than they were yesterday. The guy could have something pretty seriously wrong with him here.
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 10
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 50
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 41
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72