Sep 21, 2012, 8:52 AM EST
Josh Hamilton has missed the last two games with sinus trouble so severe that it has affected his vision. They’ve gotten so bad now that he had to leave the Rangers’ road trip last night and is flying back to Texas to be examined by team doctors.
If he ends up missing the entire Rangers-Mariners series this weekend it does two things:
(1) it opens the door for Miguel Cabrera to pass him in the home run race, bolstering his chances at the triple crown; and
(2) renders those “Josh Hamilton is soft” comments from John-Jacques Taylor even more odious than they were yesterday. The guy could have something pretty seriously wrong with him here.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 15
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 36
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 43
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)