Sep 21, 2012, 8:52 AM EST
Josh Hamilton has missed the last two games with sinus trouble so severe that it has affected his vision. They’ve gotten so bad now that he had to leave the Rangers’ road trip last night and is flying back to Texas to be examined by team doctors.
If he ends up missing the entire Rangers-Mariners series this weekend it does two things:
(1) it opens the door for Miguel Cabrera to pass him in the home run race, bolstering his chances at the triple crown; and
(2) renders those “Josh Hamilton is soft” comments from John-Jacques Taylor even more odious than they were yesterday. The guy could have something pretty seriously wrong with him here.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 7
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (81)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)