Sep 21, 2012, 8:52 AM EDT
Josh Hamilton has missed the last two games with sinus trouble so severe that it has affected his vision. They’ve gotten so bad now that he had to leave the Rangers’ road trip last night and is flying back to Texas to be examined by team doctors.
If he ends up missing the entire Rangers-Mariners series this weekend it does two things:
(1) it opens the door for Miguel Cabrera to pass him in the home run race, bolstering his chances at the triple crown; and
(2) renders those “Josh Hamilton is soft” comments from John-Jacques Taylor even more odious than they were yesterday. The guy could have something pretty seriously wrong with him here.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 21
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 12
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 40
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut