Sep 21, 2012, 9:21 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton is out of the lineup tonight for the third straight game due to vision problems stemming from a sinus infection and the Rangers announced that he’ll miss the entire weekend series against the Mariners.
Hamilton left Tuesday’s game in the fourth inning, at which point a prominent Dallas columnist wrote a ridiculous article calling the former MVP soft and questioning his mental toughness. That looks even sillier now that Hamilton has been examined by doctors and continues to have vision problems.
It also opens the door for Miguel Cabrera to more easily pass Hamilton for the home run lead. Right now Hamilton leads the AL with 42 and Cabrera is right behind him with 41, and the Tigers third baseman leads the league in the other two triple crown categories.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 71
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)