Sep 21, 2012, 9:21 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton is out of the lineup tonight for the third straight game due to vision problems stemming from a sinus infection and the Rangers announced that he’ll miss the entire weekend series against the Mariners.
Hamilton left Tuesday’s game in the fourth inning, at which point a prominent Dallas columnist wrote a ridiculous article calling the former MVP soft and questioning his mental toughness. That looks even sillier now that Hamilton has been examined by doctors and continues to have vision problems.
It also opens the door for Miguel Cabrera to more easily pass Hamilton for the home run lead. Right now Hamilton leads the AL with 42 and Cabrera is right behind him with 41, and the Tigers third baseman leads the league in the other two triple crown categories.
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 20
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 72
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 46
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48