Sep 21, 2012, 9:21 PM EST
Josh Hamilton is out of the lineup tonight for the third straight game due to vision problems stemming from a sinus infection and the Rangers announced that he’ll miss the entire weekend series against the Mariners.
Hamilton left Tuesday’s game in the fourth inning, at which point a prominent Dallas columnist wrote a ridiculous article calling the former MVP soft and questioning his mental toughness. That looks even sillier now that Hamilton has been examined by doctors and continues to have vision problems.
It also opens the door for Miguel Cabrera to more easily pass Hamilton for the home run lead. Right now Hamilton leads the AL with 42 and Cabrera is right behind him with 41, and the Tigers third baseman leads the league in the other two triple crown categories.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 276
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (276)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)