Sep 21, 2012, 9:21 PM EST
Josh Hamilton is out of the lineup tonight for the third straight game due to vision problems stemming from a sinus infection and the Rangers announced that he’ll miss the entire weekend series against the Mariners.
Hamilton left Tuesday’s game in the fourth inning, at which point a prominent Dallas columnist wrote a ridiculous article calling the former MVP soft and questioning his mental toughness. That looks even sillier now that Hamilton has been examined by doctors and continues to have vision problems.
It also opens the door for Miguel Cabrera to more easily pass Hamilton for the home run lead. Right now Hamilton leads the AL with 42 and Cabrera is right behind him with 41, and the Tigers third baseman leads the league in the other two triple crown categories.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 4
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 44
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)