Sep 21, 2012, 9:21 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton is out of the lineup tonight for the third straight game due to vision problems stemming from a sinus infection and the Rangers announced that he’ll miss the entire weekend series against the Mariners.
Hamilton left Tuesday’s game in the fourth inning, at which point a prominent Dallas columnist wrote a ridiculous article calling the former MVP soft and questioning his mental toughness. That looks even sillier now that Hamilton has been examined by doctors and continues to have vision problems.
It also opens the door for Miguel Cabrera to more easily pass Hamilton for the home run lead. Right now Hamilton leads the AL with 42 and Cabrera is right behind him with 41, and the Tigers third baseman leads the league in the other two triple crown categories.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (148)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)