Sep 21, 2012, 10:18 PM EDT
From True Blue L.A.’s Eric Stephen:
Juan Uribe was on deck, but called back in favor of Nick Punto. Uribe hasn't played since August 26, and has 7 PA in the last 33 games—
Eric Stephen (@truebluela) September 22, 2012
I figured Eric had made a little mistake there and actually meant that Uribe hadn’t started a game since Aug. 26, but, no, he’s right: Uribe hasn’t made made a single appearance in nearly a month. Which is pretty incredible.
Uribe even had a hit last time up, raising his average to .186 in 161 at-bats. However, he’s been taken entirely out of the mix due to Luis Cruz‘s emergence at third base and the acquisition of Punto as a backup.
Unfortunately, there’s still one year left on that ridiculous three-year, $21 million contract Uribe was handed after he hit .248 with 24 homers for the Giants in 2010. Still, it seems doubtful he’ll be back with the Dodgers next year. If the team can’t trade him in a deal involving another bad contract, he’ll probably be released.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)