Sep 21, 2012, 10:18 PM EDT
From True Blue L.A.’s Eric Stephen:
Juan Uribe was on deck, but called back in favor of Nick Punto. Uribe hasn't played since August 26, and has 7 PA in the last 33 games—
Eric Stephen (@truebluela) September 22, 2012
I figured Eric had made a little mistake there and actually meant that Uribe hadn’t started a game since Aug. 26, but, no, he’s right: Uribe hasn’t made made a single appearance in nearly a month. Which is pretty incredible.
Uribe even had a hit last time up, raising his average to .186 in 161 at-bats. However, he’s been taken entirely out of the mix due to Luis Cruz‘s emergence at third base and the acquisition of Punto as a backup.
Unfortunately, there’s still one year left on that ridiculous three-year, $21 million contract Uribe was handed after he hit .248 with 24 homers for the Giants in 2010. Still, it seems doubtful he’ll be back with the Dodgers next year. If the team can’t trade him in a deal involving another bad contract, he’ll probably be released.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 153
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 132
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (167)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (134)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)