Sep 21, 2012, 10:18 PM EDT
From True Blue L.A.’s Eric Stephen:
Juan Uribe was on deck, but called back in favor of Nick Punto. Uribe hasn't played since August 26, and has 7 PA in the last 33 games—
Eric Stephen (@truebluela) September 22, 2012
I figured Eric had made a little mistake there and actually meant that Uribe hadn’t started a game since Aug. 26, but, no, he’s right: Uribe hasn’t made made a single appearance in nearly a month. Which is pretty incredible.
Uribe even had a hit last time up, raising his average to .186 in 161 at-bats. However, he’s been taken entirely out of the mix due to Luis Cruz‘s emergence at third base and the acquisition of Punto as a backup.
Unfortunately, there’s still one year left on that ridiculous three-year, $21 million contract Uribe was handed after he hit .248 with 24 homers for the Giants in 2010. Still, it seems doubtful he’ll be back with the Dodgers next year. If the team can’t trade him in a deal involving another bad contract, he’ll probably be released.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 25
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 38
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)