Sep 21, 2012, 10:18 PM EDT
From True Blue L.A.’s Eric Stephen:
Juan Uribe was on deck, but called back in favor of Nick Punto. Uribe hasn't played since August 26, and has 7 PA in the last 33 games—
Eric Stephen (@truebluela) September 22, 2012
I figured Eric had made a little mistake there and actually meant that Uribe hadn’t started a game since Aug. 26, but, no, he’s right: Uribe hasn’t made made a single appearance in nearly a month. Which is pretty incredible.
Uribe even had a hit last time up, raising his average to .186 in 161 at-bats. However, he’s been taken entirely out of the mix due to Luis Cruz‘s emergence at third base and the acquisition of Punto as a backup.
Unfortunately, there’s still one year left on that ridiculous three-year, $21 million contract Uribe was handed after he hit .248 with 24 homers for the Giants in 2010. Still, it seems doubtful he’ll be back with the Dodgers next year. If the team can’t trade him in a deal involving another bad contract, he’ll probably be released.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million