Sep 21, 2012, 2:16 PM EDT
Yesterday the Los Angeles Daily News reported that the Angels and the City of Industry have been negotiating about the team possibly maybe moving up there. It seemed like an extreme long shot at the very best and more likely a total ruse/negotiating ploy. Bill Shaikin reports, however, that it’s even less than that. It’s baloney:
The Angels have not held negotiations about moving to a potential new ballpark in the City of Industry, Angels Chairman Dennis Kuhl said Thursday …
Industry City Manager Kevin Radecki said he was unaware of any conversations involving the Angels coming to his town.
“We haven’t talked to anybody here,” Radecki said.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45