Sep 21, 2012, 2:16 PM EDT
Yesterday the Los Angeles Daily News reported that the Angels and the City of Industry have been negotiating about the team possibly maybe moving up there. It seemed like an extreme long shot at the very best and more likely a total ruse/negotiating ploy. Bill Shaikin reports, however, that it’s even less than that. It’s baloney:
The Angels have not held negotiations about moving to a potential new ballpark in the City of Industry, Angels Chairman Dennis Kuhl said Thursday …
Industry City Manager Kevin Radecki said he was unaware of any conversations involving the Angels coming to his town.
“We haven’t talked to anybody here,” Radecki said.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (108)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)