Sep 21, 2012, 2:16 PM EDT
Yesterday the Los Angeles Daily News reported that the Angels and the City of Industry have been negotiating about the team possibly maybe moving up there. It seemed like an extreme long shot at the very best and more likely a total ruse/negotiating ploy. Bill Shaikin reports, however, that it’s even less than that. It’s baloney:
The Angels have not held negotiations about moving to a potential new ballpark in the City of Industry, Angels Chairman Dennis Kuhl said Thursday …
Industry City Manager Kevin Radecki said he was unaware of any conversations involving the Angels coming to his town.
“We haven’t talked to anybody here,” Radecki said.
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 44
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 74
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 21
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (98)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)