Sep 21, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
He’s been out since late July with a herniated disk in his neck and played just 18 games for the Orioles prior to being shut down. Combined between Philadelphia and Baltimore this season he’s hit .252 with seven homers and a .797 OPS in 48 games, which would be more than enough production to help an Orioles lineup that has lost Nick Markakis and Wilson Betemit.
He figures to be a part-time designated hitter and bench bat down the stretch and the 42-year-old could be headed back in the playoffs for the 10th time in his Hall of Fame career.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8