Sep 21, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
He’s been out since late July with a herniated disk in his neck and played just 18 games for the Orioles prior to being shut down. Combined between Philadelphia and Baltimore this season he’s hit .252 with seven homers and a .797 OPS in 48 games, which would be more than enough production to help an Orioles lineup that has lost Nick Markakis and Wilson Betemit.
He figures to be a part-time designated hitter and bench bat down the stretch and the 42-year-old could be headed back in the playoffs for the 10th time in his Hall of Fame career.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 15
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)