Sep 21, 2012, 11:15 PM EST
Asked about FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal’s report Friday that he might be fired at season’s end, Marlins manager Ozzie Guillen didn’t sound like a man worried about his job.
“Ha. Ha. Ha,” Guillen chortled. “That’s the last thing going through my mind every day, if I’m going to have a job next year. I’m going to have a job. I don’t know if it’s managing the Marlins, but I will have a job. I don’t know if it’s managing in the big leagues, but I will have a job.”
The fashion conscious Guillen lamented that the worst part of possibly being fired would be the move.
“The worst thing about my job is pack my house in Miami,” he said. “I’ve got a lot of clothes. But after that, nope.”
Of course, he would miss the lively club scene as well. Asked about the Marlins’ big-ticket shopping spree over the winter, Guillen responded: “I didn’t spend money on anyone. … I spend my money on women. I don’t spend my money on guys.”
Guillen’s Marlins lost to the Mets tonight to fall to 66-85 on the season. They’re 1 1/2 games behind the Mets for the worst record in the NL East.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 40
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 19
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (360)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)