Sep 21, 2012, 11:15 PM EDT
Asked about FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal’s report Friday that he might be fired at season’s end, Marlins manager Ozzie Guillen didn’t sound like a man worried about his job.
“Ha. Ha. Ha,” Guillen chortled. “That’s the last thing going through my mind every day, if I’m going to have a job next year. I’m going to have a job. I don’t know if it’s managing the Marlins, but I will have a job. I don’t know if it’s managing in the big leagues, but I will have a job.”
The fashion conscious Guillen lamented that the worst part of possibly being fired would be the move.
“The worst thing about my job is pack my house in Miami,” he said. “I’ve got a lot of clothes. But after that, nope.”
Of course, he would miss the lively club scene as well. Asked about the Marlins’ big-ticket shopping spree over the winter, Guillen responded: “I didn’t spend money on anyone. … I spend my money on women. I don’t spend my money on guys.”
Guillen’s Marlins lost to the Mets tonight to fall to 66-85 on the season. They’re 1 1/2 games behind the Mets for the worst record in the NL East.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)