Sep 21, 2012, 11:15 PM EDT
Asked about FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal’s report Friday that he might be fired at season’s end, Marlins manager Ozzie Guillen didn’t sound like a man worried about his job.
“Ha. Ha. Ha,” Guillen chortled. “That’s the last thing going through my mind every day, if I’m going to have a job next year. I’m going to have a job. I don’t know if it’s managing the Marlins, but I will have a job. I don’t know if it’s managing in the big leagues, but I will have a job.”
The fashion conscious Guillen lamented that the worst part of possibly being fired would be the move.
“The worst thing about my job is pack my house in Miami,” he said. “I’ve got a lot of clothes. But after that, nope.”
Of course, he would miss the lively club scene as well. Asked about the Marlins’ big-ticket shopping spree over the winter, Guillen responded: ”I didn’t spend money on anyone. … I spend my money on women. I don’t spend my money on guys.”
Guillen’s Marlins lost to the Mets tonight to fall to 66-85 on the season. They’re 1 1/2 games behind the Mets for the worst record in the NL East.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)