Sep 21, 2012, 11:15 PM EDT
Asked about FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal’s report Friday that he might be fired at season’s end, Marlins manager Ozzie Guillen didn’t sound like a man worried about his job.
“Ha. Ha. Ha,” Guillen chortled. “That’s the last thing going through my mind every day, if I’m going to have a job next year. I’m going to have a job. I don’t know if it’s managing the Marlins, but I will have a job. I don’t know if it’s managing in the big leagues, but I will have a job.”
The fashion conscious Guillen lamented that the worst part of possibly being fired would be the move.
“The worst thing about my job is pack my house in Miami,” he said. “I’ve got a lot of clothes. But after that, nope.”
Of course, he would miss the lively club scene as well. Asked about the Marlins’ big-ticket shopping spree over the winter, Guillen responded: “I didn’t spend money on anyone. … I spend my money on women. I don’t spend my money on guys.”
Guillen’s Marlins lost to the Mets tonight to fall to 66-85 on the season. They’re 1 1/2 games behind the Mets for the worst record in the NL East.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 77
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 102
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (79)