Sep 22, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
Despite repeated reports that Dusty Baker was set to return from an irregular heartbeat before now the Reds manager remains hospitalized in Chicago for a fourth straight day.
Fill-in manager Chris Speier was asked by reporters if the longer than expected stay for Baker suggested he was dealing with a more serious problem than initially believed, but downplayed that notion:
That’s speculation. Knowing Northwestern, they just wanted to be thorough. I think that in itself is the best answer, just to make sure.
Hopefully he’s right, although Tom Groeschen of the Cincinnati Enquirer notes that Speier may not really be in position to know either way because he hasn’t actually spoken to Baker since Thursday.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 0
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 4
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)