Sep 22, 2012, 1:33 PM EST
Max Scherzer left Tuesday night’s start after two innings with what the Tigers called shoulder fatigue, but he’s been cleared to make his next turn in the rotation.
Jason Beck of MLB.com reports that Scherzer will start Game 1 of tomorrow’s doubleheader against the Twins after an MRI exam revealed no structural damage.
Scherzer leads the league with 224 strikeouts and 11.3 strikeouts per nine innings, and he’s been fantastic in the second half with a 2.66 ERA, .227 opponents’ batting average, and 103/24 K/BB ratio in 81 innings.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (109)