Sep 22, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
Ryan Braun has essentially duplicated his MVP-winning numbers from last season and is batting .342 with multiple big hits this month, but he’s doing all that damage at less than full strength physically.
Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel spotted Braun “walking gingerly” in the clubhouse and manager Ron Roenicke admitted that he’s playing through “a couple of groin issues” and “going out there because he knows we need it.”
Braun missed some time with groin problems earlier this season and under different circumstances it sounds like he might sit out a few games now, but with the Brewers clawing their way back into the Wild Card race he’s unlikely to miss any action.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 40
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 32
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 46
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 32