Sep 22, 2012, 2:48 PM EST
Ryan Braun has essentially duplicated his MVP-winning numbers from last season and is batting .342 with multiple big hits this month, but he’s doing all that damage at less than full strength physically.
Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel spotted Braun “walking gingerly” in the clubhouse and manager Ron Roenicke admitted that he’s playing through “a couple of groin issues” and “going out there because he knows we need it.”
Braun missed some time with groin problems earlier this season and under different circumstances it sounds like he might sit out a few games now, but with the Brewers clawing their way back into the Wild Card race he’s unlikely to miss any action.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)