Sep 22, 2012, 10:10 AM EDT
Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times is reporting that Torii Hunter is expected to re-sign with the Angels this offseason:
Torii Hunter came away from a recent lunch meeting with General Manager Jerry Dipoto convinced the Angels would make a strong push to re-sign him after his five-year, $90-million contract expires in October.
Hunter is having a great season, hitting .305/.357/.444 with 15 homers. Given the existence of Mike Trout and Peter Bourjos he’s a right fielder now, but even with a loaded outfield in Anaheim, he’s definitely worth keeping around.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)