Sep 22, 2012, 4:25 PM EDT
4:35 p.m. EDT update: The Cardinals report that Molina departed due to lower back spasms. Consider him day-to-day.
It appeared to be either a hip or oblique injury, but nothing particularly serious. Molina wanted to stay in and was upset about not getting his way. Once back in the dugout, he slammed his bat into the top of the dugout and again on to the front railing.
Tony Cruz replaced him at the plate with a 1-0 count and stayed in to catch.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 76
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47