Sep 22, 2012, 4:25 PM EDT
4:35 p.m. EDT update: The Cardinals report that Molina departed due to lower back spasms. Consider him day-to-day.
It appeared to be either a hip or oblique injury, but nothing particularly serious. Molina wanted to stay in and was upset about not getting his way. Once back in the dugout, he slammed his bat into the top of the dugout and again on to the front railing.
Tony Cruz replaced him at the plate with a 1-0 count and stayed in to catch.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- CBT: Ex-Rutgers coach Rice seeks Lucas' counsel