Sep 23, 2012, 6:40 PM EDT
Weaver allowed one run in 6 1/3 innings in the 4-1 victory. The game was scoreless until the sixth, when Albert Pujols delivered a two-run double and Kendrys Morales hit a two-run homer to give the Angels all of the runs they’d need. The White Sox came back with one in the seventh, but they could do no additional damage.
The White Sox have now lost five in a row, but they’re still ahead of the Tigers at the moment after Detroit lost the first game of Sunday’s doubleheader against the Twins. The Tigers could move back into a tie for first place in the AL Central by winning the nightcap.
The Angels are 2 1/2 games back of the A’s for the second wild card. They get Monday off before finishing with three games at home against the Mariners and then road series in Texas and Seattle. Oakland has the same opponents. The A’s have four games in Texas beginning Monday and then three games at home against both the Mariners and Rangers.
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 1
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 9
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 35
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)