Sep 23, 2012, 6:40 PM EST
Weaver allowed one run in 6 1/3 innings in the 4-1 victory. The game was scoreless until the sixth, when Albert Pujols delivered a two-run double and Kendrys Morales hit a two-run homer to give the Angels all of the runs they’d need. The White Sox came back with one in the seventh, but they could do no additional damage.
The White Sox have now lost five in a row, but they’re still ahead of the Tigers at the moment after Detroit lost the first game of Sunday’s doubleheader against the Twins. The Tigers could move back into a tie for first place in the AL Central by winning the nightcap.
The Angels are 2 1/2 games back of the A’s for the second wild card. They get Monday off before finishing with three games at home against the Mariners and then road series in Texas and Seattle. Oakland has the same opponents. The A’s have four games in Texas beginning Monday and then three games at home against both the Mariners and Rangers.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 284
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (285)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)