Sep 23, 2012, 10:56 AM EDT
From beat writer Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle comes word that A’s center fielder Coco Crisp is out of the starting lineup again on Sunday due to ongoing complications with conjunctivitis.
Conjunctivitis is an eye infection, commonly known as pink eye, and it’s having a negative effect on Crisp’s vision. It’s also contagious, so the A’s medical staff is presumably taking all the necessary precautions to ensure that it does not spread around the clubhouse.
Crisp has now missed six games. And the A’s have lost five of those six.
The 32-year-old is batting .251/.318/.402 with 10 home runs, 42 RBI and 35 stolen bases.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)