Sep 23, 2012, 10:56 AM EDT
From beat writer Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle comes word that A’s center fielder Coco Crisp is out of the starting lineup again on Sunday due to ongoing complications with conjunctivitis.
Conjunctivitis is an eye infection, commonly known as pink eye, and it’s having a negative effect on Crisp’s vision. It’s also contagious, so the A’s medical staff is presumably taking all the necessary precautions to ensure that it does not spread around the clubhouse.
Crisp has now missed six games. And the A’s have lost five of those six.
The 32-year-old is batting .251/.318/.402 with 10 home runs, 42 RBI and 35 stolen bases.
- Orioles finally lose a game when leading after seven 0
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 5
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 6
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 28
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 4
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- Live Extra: Watch Game 3 between Sharks, Kings
- PBT Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit