Sep 23, 2012, 10:56 AM EST
From beat writer Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle comes word that A’s center fielder Coco Crisp is out of the starting lineup again on Sunday due to ongoing complications with conjunctivitis.
Conjunctivitis is an eye infection, commonly known as pink eye, and it’s having a negative effect on Crisp’s vision. It’s also contagious, so the A’s medical staff is presumably taking all the necessary precautions to ensure that it does not spread around the clubhouse.
Crisp has now missed six games. And the A’s have lost five of those six.
The 32-year-old is batting .251/.318/.402 with 10 home runs, 42 RBI and 35 stolen bases.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)