Sep 23, 2012, 10:56 AM EDT
From beat writer Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle comes word that A’s center fielder Coco Crisp is out of the starting lineup again on Sunday due to ongoing complications with conjunctivitis.
Conjunctivitis is an eye infection, commonly known as pink eye, and it’s having a negative effect on Crisp’s vision. It’s also contagious, so the A’s medical staff is presumably taking all the necessary precautions to ensure that it does not spread around the clubhouse.
Crisp has now missed six games. And the A’s have lost five of those six.
The 32-year-old is batting .251/.318/.402 with 10 home runs, 42 RBI and 35 stolen bases.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)