Sep 23, 2012, 10:56 AM EDT
From beat writer Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle comes word that A’s center fielder Coco Crisp is out of the starting lineup again on Sunday due to ongoing complications with conjunctivitis.
Conjunctivitis is an eye infection, commonly known as pink eye, and it’s having a negative effect on Crisp’s vision. It’s also contagious, so the A’s medical staff is presumably taking all the necessary precautions to ensure that it does not spread around the clubhouse.
Crisp has now missed six games. And the A’s have lost five of those six.
The 32-year-old is batting .251/.318/.402 with 10 home runs, 42 RBI and 35 stolen bases.
- Playoff Reset: Both AL Division Series Get Underway 25
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 17
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 52
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (83)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)