Sep 23, 2012, 12:57 PM EST
Ellsbury has now been sidelined for three consecutive games and the only thing Red Sox manager Bobby Valentine has said about that injury is that it’s a “situation” involving the center fielder’s left shoulder. Not the one he dislocated back in April.
The 29-year-old will presumably try again Tuesday night for the start of a three-game series with the Rays.
Ellsbury is hitting .277/.321/.382 with four home runs, 26 RBI and 14 stolen bases in 70 games played this season. He batted .321/.376/.552 with 32 home runs, 105 RBI and 39 steals in 158 games last year.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (110)