Sep 23, 2012, 12:57 PM EDT
Ellsbury has now been sidelined for three consecutive games and the only thing Red Sox manager Bobby Valentine has said about that injury is that it’s a “situation” involving the center fielder’s left shoulder. Not the one he dislocated back in April.
The 29-year-old will presumably try again Tuesday night for the start of a three-game series with the Rays.
Ellsbury is hitting .277/.321/.382 with four home runs, 26 RBI and 14 stolen bases in 70 games played this season. He batted .321/.376/.552 with 32 home runs, 105 RBI and 39 steals in 158 games last year.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 85
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (85)