Sep 23, 2012, 1:41 PM EDT
The news is surprisingly good for Yadier Molina.
“I feel a lot better, way better,” Molina told Goold. “It’s spasms still a little bit, but moving around I’m much better. Each day, each second, it will get better.”
Molina appeared to tweak his back and hip while ducking out of the way of a high-and-tight Carlos Marmol fastball on Saturday. He is not in the starting lineup for Sunday’s series finale at Wrigley Field but may be a go on Monday night against the Astros.
The 30-year-old is batting .319/.376/.503 with 20 home runs and 70 RBI in 130 games played this season.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)