Sep 24, 2012, 5:22 PM EDT
He’s done for the season and is expected to be sidelined for 4-6 weeks, but Zachary Levine of the Houston Chronicle reports that the Astros are hoping Martinez will be ready to play winter ball.
Martinez had big numbers at Double-A last season and then held his own in a 53-game debut with the Astros, but the 24-year-old outfielder hit just .241 with 11 homers and a .685 OPS in 113 games for Houston this year and was terrible during his demotion to Triple-A.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)