Sep 24, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
I get the press release each week, don’t post about the Players of the Week each week. But it’s slow now and if I don’t post about this I’m just gonna put up more political crap and then no one wins. Well, except me because I love trolling people, but you all would hate it.
Your AL Player of the week: Ichiro. Who woke up from his recent slumber and went 15 for 25 with three doubles, two homers and six stolen bases. It’s like it’s 2004 all over again.
In the NL it’s Cardinals closer Jason Motte. All he did was save five games — all five of the Cardinals wins last week — without allowing an earned run. Last year around this time is when the Cardinals bullpen really began to gel, by the way. Just saying.
Congrats Ichiro and Jason. I hope you use your gift cards well.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 54
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)