Sep 24, 2012, 4:00 PM EST
I get the press release each week, don’t post about the Players of the Week each week. But it’s slow now and if I don’t post about this I’m just gonna put up more political crap and then no one wins. Well, except me because I love trolling people, but you all would hate it.
Your AL Player of the week: Ichiro. Who woke up from his recent slumber and went 15 for 25 with three doubles, two homers and six stolen bases. It’s like it’s 2004 all over again.
In the NL it’s Cardinals closer Jason Motte. All he did was save five games — all five of the Cardinals wins last week — without allowing an earned run. Last year around this time is when the Cardinals bullpen really began to gel, by the way. Just saying.
Congrats Ichiro and Jason. I hope you use your gift cards well.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 75
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 41
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 22
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)