Sep 24, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
I get the press release each week, don’t post about the Players of the Week each week. But it’s slow now and if I don’t post about this I’m just gonna put up more political crap and then no one wins. Well, except me because I love trolling people, but you all would hate it.
Your AL Player of the week: Ichiro. Who woke up from his recent slumber and went 15 for 25 with three doubles, two homers and six stolen bases. It’s like it’s 2004 all over again.
In the NL it’s Cardinals closer Jason Motte. All he did was save five games — all five of the Cardinals wins last week — without allowing an earned run. Last year around this time is when the Cardinals bullpen really began to gel, by the way. Just saying.
Congrats Ichiro and Jason. I hope you use your gift cards well.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 39
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 25
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 77
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)