Sep 24, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Mike Leake has mostly struggled since throwing a one-run complete game against the Mets on August 15, allowing 24 runs and nine homers in 32 innings, and the Reds have announced plans to skip his next turn in the rotation.
Leake was slated to pitch Tuesday, but instead Johnny Cueto make that start against the Brewers on what will still be normal rest thanks to today’s open date on the schedule. Barring another change of plans Leake will then re-enter the rotation Saturday versus the Pirates.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 34
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 19
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)