Sep 24, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Mike Leake has mostly struggled since throwing a one-run complete game against the Mets on August 15, allowing 24 runs and nine homers in 32 innings, and the Reds have announced plans to skip his next turn in the rotation.
Leake was slated to pitch Tuesday, but instead Johnny Cueto make that start against the Brewers on what will still be normal rest thanks to today’s open date on the schedule. Barring another change of plans Leake will then re-enter the rotation Saturday versus the Pirates.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 31
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 172
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (172)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)