Sep 24, 2012, 12:03 PM EDT
Some people say that dressing up your rookies in women’s clothes during the de rigueur late season hazing is degrading and possibly homophobic. I don’t feel too strongly about that. I think it’s kinda lame and unimaginative, but whatever you want to do, go ahead.
Extra points to the Yankees, though, for breaking with that and going in a different direction. I mean, they didn’t even sex-up David Phelps into the metal bikini version of Princess Leia when they dressed their rookies up like Star Wars characters.
Click through for the pic.
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 15
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 33
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 15
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- David Price dominates Twins as Tigers win AL Central 30
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)