Sep 24, 2012, 12:03 PM EDT
Some people say that dressing up your rookies in women’s clothes during the de rigueur late season hazing is degrading and possibly homophobic. I don’t feel too strongly about that. I think it’s kinda lame and unimaginative, but whatever you want to do, go ahead.
Extra points to the Yankees, though, for breaking with that and going in a different direction. I mean, they didn’t even sex-up David Phelps into the metal bikini version of Princess Leia when they dressed their rookies up like Star Wars characters.
Click through for the pic.
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 20
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 16
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (96)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)