Sep 24, 2012, 12:03 PM EDT
Some people say that dressing up your rookies in women’s clothes during the de rigueur late season hazing is degrading and possibly homophobic. I don’t feel too strongly about that. I think it’s kinda lame and unimaginative, but whatever you want to do, go ahead.
Extra points to the Yankees, though, for breaking with that and going in a different direction. I mean, they didn’t even sex-up David Phelps into the metal bikini version of Princess Leia when they dressed their rookies up like Star Wars characters.
Click through for the pic.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 15
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 14
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54