Sep 24, 2012, 12:03 PM EDT
Some people say that dressing up your rookies in women’s clothes during the de rigueur late season hazing is degrading and possibly homophobic. I don’t feel too strongly about that. I think it’s kinda lame and unimaginative, but whatever you want to do, go ahead.
Extra points to the Yankees, though, for breaking with that and going in a different direction. I mean, they didn’t even sex-up David Phelps into the metal bikini version of Princess Leia when they dressed their rookies up like Star Wars characters.
Click through for the pic.
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 54
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 31
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 8
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (105)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)