Sep 24, 2012, 12:03 PM EDT
Some people say that dressing up your rookies in women’s clothes during the de rigueur late season hazing is degrading and possibly homophobic. I don’t feel too strongly about that. I think it’s kinda lame and unimaginative, but whatever you want to do, go ahead.
Extra points to the Yankees, though, for breaking with that and going in a different direction. I mean, they didn’t even sex-up David Phelps into the metal bikini version of Princess Leia when they dressed their rookies up like Star Wars characters.
Click through for the pic.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 0
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 38
- Breaking: The Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 93
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 63
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 76
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)