Sep 25, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Coco Crisp is out of the A’s lineup again tonight, missing his seventh straight game with pink eye (or, more officially, allergic conjunctivitis).
Crisp has been examined by three different doctors in three different states, yet there’s still no timetable for his return from a condition that the A’s initially thought would only keep him out for a day or two.
Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle wrote yesterday that “Crisp’s eyes are so puffy, they practically look closed. He cannot see well, so obviously he cannot play baseball.”
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 15
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59