Sep 25, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Coco Crisp is out of the A’s lineup again tonight, missing his seventh straight game with pink eye (or, more officially, allergic conjunctivitis).
Crisp has been examined by three different doctors in three different states, yet there’s still no timetable for his return from a condition that the A’s initially thought would only keep him out for a day or two.
Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle wrote yesterday that “Crisp’s eyes are so puffy, they practically look closed. He cannot see well, so obviously he cannot play baseball.”
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 61
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 17
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)