Sep 25, 2012, 4:16 PM EST
Coco Crisp is out of the A’s lineup again tonight, missing his seventh straight game with pink eye (or, more officially, allergic conjunctivitis).
Crisp has been examined by three different doctors in three different states, yet there’s still no timetable for his return from a condition that the A’s initially thought would only keep him out for a day or two.
Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle wrote yesterday that “Crisp’s eyes are so puffy, they practically look closed. He cannot see well, so obviously he cannot play baseball.”
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 7
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 42
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)