Sep 25, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Either way the former MVP had vision problems, which are now being blamed on too much caffeine and sports drinks drying out his corneas.
Or as Hamilton joked to reporters before the game: “It’s me we’re talking about here. Guys, it’s me. It’s Josh. It’s going to be something weird.”
And then he went out and homered against the A’s, moving ahead of Miguel Cabrera to reclaim the AL lead with 43 long balls.
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 1
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 38
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 40
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 16
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72