Sep 25, 2012, 11:00 AM EST
Outfielder Josh Willingham hurt his left shoulder in the seventh inning of the Twins-Yankess game last night when he slammed into the left field fence while trying to catch a home run. He’s listed as day-to-day, but the Twins are going to give him an MRI today to see if there’s any damage.
At this point of the year, “day-to-day” and “out for the season” are close to synonymous. Given that the Twins aren’t playing for anything, it may be a decent time to just tell Willingham to call it a year. A pretty fantastic year at that, as he hit .260/.366/.524 with 35 homers and 110 RBI.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)