Sep 25, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Outfielder Josh Willingham hurt his left shoulder in the seventh inning of the Twins-Yankess game last night when he slammed into the left field fence while trying to catch a home run. He’s listed as day-to-day, but the Twins are going to give him an MRI today to see if there’s any damage.
At this point of the year, “day-to-day” and “out for the season” are close to synonymous. Given that the Twins aren’t playing for anything, it may be a decent time to just tell Willingham to call it a year. A pretty fantastic year at that, as he hit .260/.366/.524 with 35 homers and 110 RBI.
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 19
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 19
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)