Sep 25, 2012, 11:00 AM EST
Outfielder Josh Willingham hurt his left shoulder in the seventh inning of the Twins-Yankess game last night when he slammed into the left field fence while trying to catch a home run. He’s listed as day-to-day, but the Twins are going to give him an MRI today to see if there’s any damage.
At this point of the year, “day-to-day” and “out for the season” are close to synonymous. Given that the Twins aren’t playing for anything, it may be a decent time to just tell Willingham to call it a year. A pretty fantastic year at that, as he hit .260/.366/.524 with 35 homers and 110 RBI.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (306)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (118)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)