Sep 25, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Outfielder Josh Willingham hurt his left shoulder in the seventh inning of the Twins-Yankess game last night when he slammed into the left field fence while trying to catch a home run. He’s listed as day-to-day, but the Twins are going to give him an MRI today to see if there’s any damage.
At this point of the year, “day-to-day” and “out for the season” are close to synonymous. Given that the Twins aren’t playing for anything, it may be a decent time to just tell Willingham to call it a year. A pretty fantastic year at that, as he hit .260/.366/.524 with 35 homers and 110 RBI.
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 16
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 26
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)