Sep 25, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Outfielder Josh Willingham hurt his left shoulder in the seventh inning of the Twins-Yankess game last night when he slammed into the left field fence while trying to catch a home run. He’s listed as day-to-day, but the Twins are going to give him an MRI today to see if there’s any damage.
At this point of the year, “day-to-day” and “out for the season” are close to synonymous. Given that the Twins aren’t playing for anything, it may be a decent time to just tell Willingham to call it a year. A pretty fantastic year at that, as he hit .260/.366/.524 with 35 homers and 110 RBI.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 7
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 15
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 72
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 87
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)