Sep 25, 2012, 1:33 PM EDT
At the end of August, The Braves acquired Jeff Baker from the Tigers for a player to be named. I swear I was around at the end of August, and I am a Braves, fan, but this trade totally eluded me. He’s had ten plate appearances since going to Atlanta and I have somehow missed them all. Maybe I dreamed the whole thing?
Guess not, because the player to be named later has been named: it’s Greg Ross. Ross is a single-A pitcher, who was an 18th rounder in 2011 who has mostly started but has done some swingman duty too.
I suppose it’s possible Baker will have a big hit against a lefty while I’m watching a game. Or that Ross will turn into something interesting. Right now, though, it doesn’t really move the Earth for me.
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 41
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 72
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 24
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 17
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (98)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)