Sep 25, 2012, 1:33 PM EDT
At the end of August, The Braves acquired Jeff Baker from the Tigers for a player to be named. I swear I was around at the end of August, and I am a Braves, fan, but this trade totally eluded me. He’s had ten plate appearances since going to Atlanta and I have somehow missed them all. Maybe I dreamed the whole thing?
Guess not, because the player to be named later has been named: it’s Greg Ross. Ross is a single-A pitcher, who was an 18th rounder in 2011 who has mostly started but has done some swingman duty too.
I suppose it’s possible Baker will have a big hit against a lefty while I’m watching a game. Or that Ross will turn into something interesting. Right now, though, it doesn’t really move the Earth for me.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 4
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 3
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20