Sep 25, 2012, 1:33 PM EDT
At the end of August, The Braves acquired Jeff Baker from the Tigers for a player to be named. I swear I was around at the end of August, and I am a Braves, fan, but this trade totally eluded me. He’s had ten plate appearances since going to Atlanta and I have somehow missed them all. Maybe I dreamed the whole thing?
Guess not, because the player to be named later has been named: it’s Greg Ross. Ross is a single-A pitcher, who was an 18th rounder in 2011 who has mostly started but has done some swingman duty too.
I suppose it’s possible Baker will have a big hit against a lefty while I’m watching a game. Or that Ross will turn into something interesting. Right now, though, it doesn’t really move the Earth for me.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)