Sep 25, 2012, 1:33 PM EST
At the end of August, The Braves acquired Jeff Baker from the Tigers for a player to be named. I swear I was around at the end of August, and I am a Braves, fan, but this trade totally eluded me. He’s had ten plate appearances since going to Atlanta and I have somehow missed them all. Maybe I dreamed the whole thing?
Guess not, because the player to be named later has been named: it’s Greg Ross. Ross is a single-A pitcher, who was an 18th rounder in 2011 who has mostly started but has done some swingman duty too.
I suppose it’s possible Baker will have a big hit against a lefty while I’m watching a game. Or that Ross will turn into something interesting. Right now, though, it doesn’t really move the Earth for me.
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 60
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 22
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)