Sep 25, 2012, 6:18 PM EDT
Yu Darvish won’t be on the mound as the Rangers try to put more distance between themselves and the A’s tonight. He’s been scratched due to a stiff neck, the team announced.
Scott Feldman will pitch in his place.
Darvish has been on a terrific roll of late, having gone 4-0 with a 1.46 ERA and a 42/8 K/BB ratio in his last five starts. There hasn’t been any word yet on when he’ll pitch again, but his injury isn’t considered serious.
Feldman lost his rotation spot after giving up six runs in 2 2/3 innings against the Mariners on Sept. 15 and had pitched once in relief since, throwing three scoreless innings versus Seattle on Friday. He’s 1-1 with a 16.20 ERA in two starts against Oakland this year.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17