Sep 25, 2012, 6:18 PM EDT
Yu Darvish won’t be on the mound as the Rangers try to put more distance between themselves and the A’s tonight. He’s been scratched due to a stiff neck, the team announced.
Scott Feldman will pitch in his place.
Darvish has been on a terrific roll of late, having gone 4-0 with a 1.46 ERA and a 42/8 K/BB ratio in his last five starts. There hasn’t been any word yet on when he’ll pitch again, but his injury isn’t considered serious.
Feldman lost his rotation spot after giving up six runs in 2 2/3 innings against the Mariners on Sept. 15 and had pitched once in relief since, throwing three scoreless innings versus Seattle on Friday. He’s 1-1 with a 16.20 ERA in two starts against Oakland this year.
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 10
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 50
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 41
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72