Sep 26, 2012, 9:40 AM EST
Bartolo Colon is serving a 50-game PED suspension, but Susan Slusser reports that Colon is throwing and would like to pitch in the playoffs if the A’s are still alive once his suspension ends. That would be after 10 playoff games, so he wouldn’t be free until Game 6 of a theoretical Athletics-ALCS.
Even though the A’s have lost both Brett Anderson and Brandon McCarthy, one doubts that Oakland would want to give the ball to a rusty Colon in a Game 6 or 7 of a playoff series or in any World Series game. In other words, he’s in the same boat as Melky.
And, eww, “rusty Colon” sounds gross now that I think about it.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 9
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)