Sep 26, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
Bartolo Colon is serving a 50-game PED suspension, but Susan Slusser reports that Colon is throwing and would like to pitch in the playoffs if the A’s are still alive once his suspension ends. That would be after 10 playoff games, so he wouldn’t be free until Game 6 of a theoretical Athletics-ALCS.
Even though the A’s have lost both Brett Anderson and Brandon McCarthy, one doubts that Oakland would want to give the ball to a rusty Colon in a Game 6 or 7 of a playoff series or in any World Series game. In other words, he’s in the same boat as Melky.
And, eww, “rusty Colon” sounds gross now that I think about it.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 0
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 167
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (176)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)