Sep 26, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
Bartolo Colon is serving a 50-game PED suspension, but Susan Slusser reports that Colon is throwing and would like to pitch in the playoffs if the A’s are still alive once his suspension ends. That would be after 10 playoff games, so he wouldn’t be free until Game 6 of a theoretical Athletics-ALCS.
Even though the A’s have lost both Brett Anderson and Brandon McCarthy, one doubts that Oakland would want to give the ball to a rusty Colon in a Game 6 or 7 of a playoff series or in any World Series game. In other words, he’s in the same boat as Melky.
And, eww, “rusty Colon” sounds gross now that I think about it.
- Orioles finally lose a game when leading after seven 4
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 11
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 6
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 29
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 5
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3