Sep 26, 2012, 9:40 AM EST
Bartolo Colon is serving a 50-game PED suspension, but Susan Slusser reports that Colon is throwing and would like to pitch in the playoffs if the A’s are still alive once his suspension ends. That would be after 10 playoff games, so he wouldn’t be free until Game 6 of a theoretical Athletics-ALCS.
Even though the A’s have lost both Brett Anderson and Brandon McCarthy, one doubts that Oakland would want to give the ball to a rusty Colon in a Game 6 or 7 of a playoff series or in any World Series game. In other words, he’s in the same boat as Melky.
And, eww, “rusty Colon” sounds gross now that I think about it.
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 43
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 119
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Dodgers cut Brian Wilson and his $9.5 million salary 53
- Royals and Alex Rios agree to one-year, $11 million contract 16
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. 95
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (124)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Jon Lester goes to Cubs for $155 million over six years (99)