Sep 26, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Everyone on the planet noted it when Derek Jeter tied and then broke the Yankees all-time hit record, so we may as well note it for David Wright: last night he tied Ed Kranepool for the most hits in franchise history, with 1,418.
Kranepool was more of a story of perseverance, of course, as he took nine more seasons and nearly 600 more games to do it. Still, pretty cool.
Without looking, I’m going to take some time this morning and see if I can figure out the hits leaders for each team. I bet I can get, like, 15 of them. Maybe you guys — on the honor system — should play that game in the comments.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 4
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 11
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)