Sep 26, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
Everyone on the planet noted it when Derek Jeter tied and then broke the Yankees all-time hit record, so we may as well note it for David Wright: last night he tied Ed Kranepool for the most hits in franchise history, with 1,418.
Kranepool was more of a story of perseverance, of course, as he took nine more seasons and nearly 600 more games to do it. Still, pretty cool.
Without looking, I’m going to take some time this morning and see if I can figure out the hits leaders for each team. I bet I can get, like, 15 of them. Maybe you guys — on the honor system — should play that game in the comments.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)