Sep 26, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Baseball injuries seem to come in bunches and the latest “trend” has shifted from oblique strains to irritated eyes.
Coco Crisp has missed most of the past two weeks with pink eye. Josh Hamilton missed a week with dried out corneas from too much caffeine. And now Twins starter Samuel Deduno left this afternoon’s game in the second inning with what is being called left eye irritation.
Brian Duensing replaced Deduno and proceeded to cough up six runs, so the whole thing worked out pretty well for the Yankees.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 107
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8