Sep 26, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Baseball injuries seem to come in bunches and the latest “trend” has shifted from oblique strains to irritated eyes.
Coco Crisp has missed most of the past two weeks with pink eye. Josh Hamilton missed a week with dried out corneas from too much caffeine. And now Twins starter Samuel Deduno left this afternoon’s game in the second inning with what is being called left eye irritation.
Brian Duensing replaced Deduno and proceeded to cough up six runs, so the whole thing worked out pretty well for the Yankees.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 33
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 53
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 78
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 60
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)