Sep 26, 2012, 4:16 PM EST
Baseball injuries seem to come in bunches and the latest “trend” has shifted from oblique strains to irritated eyes.
Coco Crisp has missed most of the past two weeks with pink eye. Josh Hamilton missed a week with dried out corneas from too much caffeine. And now Twins starter Samuel Deduno left this afternoon’s game in the second inning with what is being called left eye irritation.
Brian Duensing replaced Deduno and proceeded to cough up six runs, so the whole thing worked out pretty well for the Yankees.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 118
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 40
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 368
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (368)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (118)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)