Sep 26, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Baseball injuries seem to come in bunches and the latest “trend” has shifted from oblique strains to irritated eyes.
Coco Crisp has missed most of the past two weeks with pink eye. Josh Hamilton missed a week with dried out corneas from too much caffeine. And now Twins starter Samuel Deduno left this afternoon’s game in the second inning with what is being called left eye irritation.
Brian Duensing replaced Deduno and proceeded to cough up six runs, so the whole thing worked out pretty well for the Yankees.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (107)