Sep 26, 2012, 8:53 AM EST
It’s been nearly a year since Jason Varitek hung up the tools of ignorance. Now he’s looking to go back to work for the Sox:
Retired Red Sox catcher Jason Varitek, according to a major league source, is “close” to agreement on a role within the Sox organization. It is possible that he will head to Florida in the coming days to work with Red Sox minor leaguers taking part in the fall instructional league.
No sense of what the job is yet, though many have speculated that he could one day manage the Sox. Gotta walk before you run, though.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (88)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)