Quotes of the Day — two of ‘em! — from Bobby V

Sep 26, 2012, 5:34 PM EDT

Bobby Valentine was on WEEI this afternoon and unleashed two Quote of the Day candidates. First:

Because if Larry Lucchino and John Henry are famous for anything, they’re famous for dealing with people in a straight-up, face-to-face fashion.  Sure, Bobby, go ahead and renew the lease on he Boston condo.  And then:

Can’t argue with that.

1. mazblast - Sep 26, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Red Sox fans could have used more than a few more beers.

And if I go to Vegas in late October as planned and Bobby is still the manager, I think I’ll go to the sports books and see what the odds are on his staying around.

2. bloodysock - Sep 26, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Those quotes are interrelated. If Bobby doesn’t think there was much he should have done differently, then he certainly doesn’t deserve to think he’s coming back.

3. hockeyflow33 - Sep 26, 2012 at 6:15 PM

I’ve never watched less games than I did this year….looks like next year could top it

4. professor30 - Sep 26, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Ax this clown as soon as possible and hire Tim Bogar before the Astros do. I really can’t believe he’s still managing this team.

5. legacybroken - Sep 26, 2012 at 7:17 PM

I hope Bobby V is right, he’s provided much needed entertainment value all season and Im curious what he could for encore.

6. sawxfan1982 - Sep 26, 2012 at 7:29 PM

It’s fitting that Bobby V made the beer comment. His team looks like the Bad News Bears this season and he looks like Morris Buttermaker. Cheers!

7. approvenothing - Sep 26, 2012 at 7:34 PM

With the team thet Bobby V had to work with, i believe it could have been alot worse of a season for the Sox. Don’t get me wrong, the guy is a complete idiot, but not like his team is much sharper?

• teaspoon1731 - Sep 27, 2012 at 12:51 AM

almost the exact same team won 90 games last season with francona with the whole beer and chicken thing and with lackey on the mound. so…what exactly about the team is less sharp?

8. bigharold - Sep 26, 2012 at 9:59 PM

“… I think I would have kept beer in the clubhouse. Could’ve used a few”

I believe that’s the most intelligent remark I’ve ever heard from Valentine!

I hope he’s back next season so the Yankees only have to worry about the O’s and Rays.

Managers get easier path to Cooperstown
  1. H. Street (3437)