Sep 26, 2012, 6:20 PM EDT
Wolf, who was signed at the end of last month after being let go by the Brewers, went 2-0 with a 5.28 ERA in two starts and three relief appearances for Baltimore. He was 3-10 with a 5.69 ERA before Milwaukee released him.
If Wolf requires Tommy John surgery, it’d be his second such procedure. He had the first on July 1, 2005 and then returned to the Phillies a year later on July 30. He also missed time in 2007 due to shoulder surgery.
One imagines that Wolf will try rehab first unless it’s a complete tear. Surgery would cause him to miss 2013 either way. He could wait a few months, test the elbow then and still potentially make it back for 2014 if he opts for surgery.
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 4
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 85
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (86)