Sep 26, 2012, 6:20 PM EDT
Wolf, who was signed at the end of last month after being let go by the Brewers, went 2-0 with a 5.28 ERA in two starts and three relief appearances for Baltimore. He was 3-10 with a 5.69 ERA before Milwaukee released him.
If Wolf requires Tommy John surgery, it’d be his second such procedure. He had the first on July 1, 2005 and then returned to the Phillies a year later on July 30. He also missed time in 2007 due to shoulder surgery.
One imagines that Wolf will try rehab first unless it’s a complete tear. Surgery would cause him to miss 2013 either way. He could wait a few months, test the elbow then and still potentially make it back for 2014 if he opts for surgery.
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 0
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 21
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 53
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)