Sep 26, 2012, 6:20 PM EDT
Wolf, who was signed at the end of last month after being let go by the Brewers, went 2-0 with a 5.28 ERA in two starts and three relief appearances for Baltimore. He was 3-10 with a 5.69 ERA before Milwaukee released him.
If Wolf requires Tommy John surgery, it’d be his second such procedure. He had the first on July 1, 2005 and then returned to the Phillies a year later on July 30. He also missed time in 2007 due to shoulder surgery.
One imagines that Wolf will try rehab first unless it’s a complete tear. Surgery would cause him to miss 2013 either way. He could wait a few months, test the elbow then and still potentially make it back for 2014 if he opts for surgery.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 60
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 35
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 38
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 9
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The Royals asked a fan in Marlins gear to change his shirt last night. He refused. (86)