Sep 26, 2012, 6:20 PM EDT
Wolf, who was signed at the end of last month after being let go by the Brewers, went 2-0 with a 5.28 ERA in two starts and three relief appearances for Baltimore. He was 3-10 with a 5.69 ERA before Milwaukee released him.
If Wolf requires Tommy John surgery, it’d be his second such procedure. He had the first on July 1, 2005 and then returned to the Phillies a year later on July 30. He also missed time in 2007 due to shoulder surgery.
One imagines that Wolf will try rehab first unless it’s a complete tear. Surgery would cause him to miss 2013 either way. He could wait a few months, test the elbow then and still potentially make it back for 2014 if he opts for surgery.
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 42
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 10
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 46
- Jaime Garcia needs shoulder surgery 7
- Rafael Soriano calls out Bryce Harper for the game-tying triple last night 60
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree tears achilles, out six months