Sep 26, 2012, 6:20 PM EST
Wolf, who was signed at the end of last month after being let go by the Brewers, went 2-0 with a 5.28 ERA in two starts and three relief appearances for Baltimore. He was 3-10 with a 5.69 ERA before Milwaukee released him.
If Wolf requires Tommy John surgery, it’d be his second such procedure. He had the first on July 1, 2005 and then returned to the Phillies a year later on July 30. He also missed time in 2007 due to shoulder surgery.
One imagines that Wolf will try rehab first unless it’s a complete tear. Surgery would cause him to miss 2013 either way. He could wait a few months, test the elbow then and still potentially make it back for 2014 if he opts for surgery.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (110)