Sep 26, 2012, 2:28 PM EST
It’s official. Or will be in a few minutes, but Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com reports that the Giants are going to leave PED scofflaw Melky Cabrera off their postseason roster. Cabrera, Baggarly reports, is disappointed but will not file a grievance or anything of that nature.
Not that he’d have a leg to stand on. The Giants are 25-12 since he was suspended. The Giants have thrived despite his absence, and I would imagine that not many people on that team want him in the clubhouse for the playoffs. I’m going to assume that, at the time of the suspension, Melky’s teammates feel like he screwed ‘em over in some way.
And besides, if he were to file a grievance, Bud Selig would probably just find a way to suspend the grievance rules in this particular instance anyway.
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 0
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 40
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (122)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)