Sep 26, 2012, 2:28 PM EDT
It’s official. Or will be in a few minutes, but Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com reports that the Giants are going to leave PED scofflaw Melky Cabrera off their postseason roster. Cabrera, Baggarly reports, is disappointed but will not file a grievance or anything of that nature.
Not that he’d have a leg to stand on. The Giants are 25-12 since he was suspended. The Giants have thrived despite his absence, and I would imagine that not many people on that team want him in the clubhouse for the playoffs. I’m going to assume that, at the time of the suspension, Melky’s teammates feel like he screwed ‘em over in some way.
And besides, if he were to file a grievance, Bud Selig would probably just find a way to suspend the grievance rules in this particular instance anyway.
- Live Extra: Watch Blackhawks-Red Wings Game 3
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Dickey goes 8, beats Rays for 2nd straight win
- PST: Mourinho officially leaving Real Madrid
- PHT: Stalberg returns to Hawks' lineup for Game 3
- PHT: Hawks look to boost intensity vs. Wings
- PFT: Brady says he's 'never felt better' throwing the ball