Sep 26, 2012, 2:28 PM EDT
It’s official. Or will be in a few minutes, but Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com reports that the Giants are going to leave PED scofflaw Melky Cabrera off their postseason roster. Cabrera, Baggarly reports, is disappointed but will not file a grievance or anything of that nature.
Not that he’d have a leg to stand on. The Giants are 25-12 since he was suspended. The Giants have thrived despite his absence, and I would imagine that not many people on that team want him in the clubhouse for the playoffs. I’m going to assume that, at the time of the suspension, Melky’s teammates feel like he screwed ’em over in some way.
And besides, if he were to file a grievance, Bud Selig would probably just find a way to suspend the grievance rules in this particular instance anyway.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 51
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)