Sep 26, 2012, 2:28 PM EDT
It’s official. Or will be in a few minutes, but Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com reports that the Giants are going to leave PED scofflaw Melky Cabrera off their postseason roster. Cabrera, Baggarly reports, is disappointed but will not file a grievance or anything of that nature.
Not that he’d have a leg to stand on. The Giants are 25-12 since he was suspended. The Giants have thrived despite his absence, and I would imagine that not many people on that team want him in the clubhouse for the playoffs. I’m going to assume that, at the time of the suspension, Melky’s teammates feel like he screwed ‘em over in some way.
And besides, if he were to file a grievance, Bud Selig would probably just find a way to suspend the grievance rules in this particular instance anyway.
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 0
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 13
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 23
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 43
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)