Sep 26, 2012, 2:28 PM EDT
It’s official. Or will be in a few minutes, but Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com reports that the Giants are going to leave PED scofflaw Melky Cabrera off their postseason roster. Cabrera, Baggarly reports, is disappointed but will not file a grievance or anything of that nature.
Not that he’d have a leg to stand on. The Giants are 25-12 since he was suspended. The Giants have thrived despite his absence, and I would imagine that not many people on that team want him in the clubhouse for the playoffs. I’m going to assume that, at the time of the suspension, Melky’s teammates feel like he screwed ’em over in some way.
And besides, if he were to file a grievance, Bud Selig would probably just find a way to suspend the grievance rules in this particular instance anyway.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 1
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 32
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 44
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)