Sep 26, 2012, 1:00 PM EST
The Mets outfield is a pretty ugly mess, but don’t think the free agent market is gonna fix it. Andy Martino reports:
Let’s do this once, to save us a winter of speculation: B.J. Upton? No. Michael Bourn? No. Shane Victorino? No. None of these players will be a Met in 2013, according to two high-ranking team insiders … Although the front office has not finalized its offseason strategy, one source said that it was unlikely the Mets will offer any outfielder even a two-year contract.
Kind of explains why they’re not gonna release Jason Bay. They friggin’ need him. Also: Bobby Bonilla is still under contract. Just sayin’.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (87)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)