Sep 26, 2012, 1:00 PM EST
The Mets outfield is a pretty ugly mess, but don’t think the free agent market is gonna fix it. Andy Martino reports:
Let’s do this once, to save us a winter of speculation: B.J. Upton? No. Michael Bourn? No. Shane Victorino? No. None of these players will be a Met in 2013, according to two high-ranking team insiders … Although the front office has not finalized its offseason strategy, one source said that it was unlikely the Mets will offer any outfielder even a two-year contract.
Kind of explains why they’re not gonna release Jason Bay. They friggin’ need him. Also: Bobby Bonilla is still under contract. Just sayin’.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (82)