Sep 26, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
The Mets outfield is a pretty ugly mess, but don’t think the free agent market is gonna fix it. Andy Martino reports:
Let’s do this once, to save us a winter of speculation: B.J. Upton? No. Michael Bourn? No. Shane Victorino? No. None of these players will be a Met in 2013, according to two high-ranking team insiders … Although the front office has not finalized its offseason strategy, one source said that it was unlikely the Mets will offer any outfielder even a two-year contract.
Kind of explains why they’re not gonna release Jason Bay. They friggin’ need him. Also: Bobby Bonilla is still under contract. Just sayin’.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45