Tweet of the Day: Coco Crisp explains how pink eye feels

Sep 26, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT

Coco Crisp appeared in last night’s game off the bench as a pinch-runner, but he’s still unable to hit or play defense because of a nasty case of pink eye that he’s had for going on two weeks.

Today he gave an update via Twitter:

Sounds about right. Rrrr

1. ajcardsfan - Sep 26, 2012 at 2:51 PM

“Its so frustrating have this pink I crap”
    This statement made me laugh out in the middle of my work….damn you Coco Crisp

2. gerryb323 - Sep 26, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Since I don’t tweeter or anything…is it a new-fangled language to abbreviate eye as “I”? I mean, he clearly knows it’s about his eye. Is it a character limitation thing? I’ve always been a complete word texter….

Also, I would have thought apple had trademarked a pink iCrap as proprietary or something.

• El Bravo - Sep 26, 2012 at 2:57 PM

yes, it is a character limitation thing.

• gerryb323 - Sep 26, 2012 at 3:04 PM

In that case, it’s kinda funny he abbreviates one of the shortest words in his whole post, saving himself 2 whole letters so he can say “frustrating”, “picture” (twice) and throw in “Rrrr” at the end.

• El Bravo - Sep 26, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Rr just didn’t have the same impact as Rrrr, eye suppose.

3. El Bravo - Sep 26, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Because I can’t link this enough:

4. stlouis1baseball - Sep 26, 2012 at 3:21 PM

I always thought pink eye was something children typically get.
    My 5 year old daughter has had it twice already this school year.
    She missed two days of school the 1st time and 3 days the next.
    It is so contagious the school will send them home immediately if they suspect it.

5. cur68 - Sep 26, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Dang you Scott Baio! Dang you to heck!

• stlouis1baseball - Sep 26, 2012 at 4:07 PM

What the hell does Chachi have to do with anything Cur? Do tell?
      BTW: Good work on the “dang you to heck” comment.

• cur68 - Sep 26, 2012 at 4:23 PM

• The Dangerous Mabry - Sep 26, 2012 at 4:26 PM

South Park reference

• indaburg - Sep 26, 2012 at 8:22 PM

This is freaking me out. I made a South Park reference today in a later posting and I swear on my Cooperstown Hall of Fame book (my bible) that I didn’t see this first. Are you my subconscious?

Awesome reference. Love Cartman.

6. The Dangerous Mabry - Sep 26, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Oh, poor Coco. You have no chance to survive. Make your time.

The Jon Lester-Yoenis Cespedes trade is a win-win