Sep 27, 2012, 4:32 PM EDT
With the way the Pirates season has ended, this is like adding injury to insult: Andrew McCutchen left Thursday’s game against the Mets with left knee pain. He hurt it, apparently, while trying to make a diving catch. The severity of the injury is unknown at the moment.
McCutchen was 0 for 4 today, but is hitting .332/.403/.558 on the year. Because of the Melky Rule, he stands to be the NL batting champion and should finish pretty high in the MVP voting.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)