Sep 27, 2012, 4:32 PM EDT
With the way the Pirates season has ended, this is like adding injury to insult: Andrew McCutchen left Thursday’s game against the Mets with left knee pain. He hurt it, apparently, while trying to make a diving catch. The severity of the injury is unknown at the moment.
McCutchen was 0 for 4 today, but is hitting .332/.403/.558 on the year. Because of the Melky Rule, he stands to be the NL batting champion and should finish pretty high in the MVP voting.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 15
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 23
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 30
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)