Sep 27, 2012, 4:32 PM EDT
With the way the Pirates season has ended, this is like adding injury to insult: Andrew McCutchen left Thursday’s game against the Mets with left knee pain. He hurt it, apparently, while trying to make a diving catch. The severity of the injury is unknown at the moment.
McCutchen was 0 for 4 today, but is hitting .332/.403/.558 on the year. Because of the Melky Rule, he stands to be the NL batting champion and should finish pretty high in the MVP voting.
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 34
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 29
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 40
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)