Sep 27, 2012, 4:32 PM EST
With the way the Pirates season has ended, this is like adding injury to insult: Andrew McCutchen left Thursday’s game against the Mets with left knee pain. He hurt it, apparently, while trying to make a diving catch. The severity of the injury is unknown at the moment.
McCutchen was 0 for 4 today, but is hitting .332/.403/.558 on the year. Because of the Melky Rule, he stands to be the NL batting champion and should finish pretty high in the MVP voting.
- Keith Law Ranks the Farm Systems: Yay for Chicago! Boo for Detroit! 14
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 153
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (154)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)