Sep 27, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Bud Norris has been so good against the Cardinals over the years–and so mediocre against just about everyone else–that St. Louis scribes Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch and Matthew Leach of MLB.com have a running joke with fans on Twitter about his dominance using the hashtag #BudChuck.
Norris did it again last night, shutting out the Cardinals for 7.1 innings after coming into the game 5-13 with a 5.05 ERA this season, out-dueling Chris Carpenter while snapping an 18-start winless streak.
For his career Norris now has a 2.74 ERA in 15 starts versus St. Louis, compared to a 4.83 ERA in 81 starts versus all other teams. That includes yearly ERAs of 0.00, 3.38, 2.52, and now 3.52 against the Cardinals.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 110
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 71
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 52
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (114)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)