Sep 27, 2012, 11:03 PM EDT
A’s left-hander Dallas Braden kind of looked like he wanted to hurt someone, which is more than a little ironic given that he’s angry about the increased violence and the lack of response from the police force in his hometown of Stockton, California.
CBS Sacramento has the video, which includes an impromptu interview with a bat-toting Braden. He says his grandmother was recently robbed in Stockton, and he was later attacked while in his car. He’s so displeased with the conditions in Stockton that he’s moving to Sacramento.
“I’m outta here, because I’ve been lied to my entire life here,” Braden said. “I’ve already put my home on the market. I’m out.”
Braden is best known for telling Alex Rodriguez to get off his mound and for throwing a perfect game, two events that happened a couple of weeks apart in 2010. He’s mostly been injured since, as shoulder problems limited him to three starts in 2011 and cost him all of 2012. He had surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff last month.
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 0
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 31
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 53
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 96
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)