Sep 27, 2012, 11:03 PM EDT
A’s left-hander Dallas Braden kind of looked like he wanted to hurt someone, which is more than a little ironic given that he’s angry about the increased violence and the lack of response from the police force in his hometown of Stockton, California.
CBS Sacramento has the video, which includes an impromptu interview with a bat-toting Braden. He says his grandmother was recently robbed in Stockton, and he was later attacked while in his car. He’s so displeased with the conditions in Stockton that he’s moving to Sacramento.
“I’m outta here, because I’ve been lied to my entire life here,” Braden said. “I’ve already put my home on the market. I’m out.”
Braden is best known for telling Alex Rodriguez to get off his mound and for throwing a perfect game, two events that happened a couple of weeks apart in 2010. He’s mostly been injured since, as shoulder problems limited him to three starts in 2011 and cost him all of 2012. He had surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff last month.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 9
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 9
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 34
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 68
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)