Sep 27, 2012, 11:03 PM EDT
A’s left-hander Dallas Braden kind of looked like he wanted to hurt someone, which is more than a little ironic given that he’s angry about the increased violence and the lack of response from the police force in his hometown of Stockton, California.
CBS Sacramento has the video, which includes an impromptu interview with a bat-toting Braden. He says his grandmother was recently robbed in Stockton, and he was later attacked while in his car. He’s so displeased with the conditions in Stockton that he’s moving to Sacramento.
“I’m outta here, because I’ve been lied to my entire life here,” Braden said. “I’ve already put my home on the market. I’m out.”
Braden is best known for telling Alex Rodriguez to get off his mound and for throwing a perfect game, two events that happened a couple of weeks apart in 2010. He’s mostly been injured since, as shoulder problems limited him to three starts in 2011 and cost him all of 2012. He had surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff last month.
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 2
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 4
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)