Sep 27, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
Fowler is discouraged by the lack of improvement his wrist has made during the past few days and is scheduled to undergo an MRI exam.
It’s an unfortunate ending to what was a breakout season for Fowler, which is especially impressive considering he was demoted to Triple-A in the middle of last year and came into the year as the frequent subject of criticism and trade rumors in Colorado.
Instead he stayed with the Rockies and hit .300 with a .389 on-base percentage, 13 homers, 68 walks, and 12 steals while posting an .863 OPS that topped his previous high by 70 points.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (233)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (95)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (85)