Sep 27, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
Fowler is discouraged by the lack of improvement his wrist has made during the past few days and is scheduled to undergo an MRI exam.
It’s an unfortunate ending to what was a breakout season for Fowler, which is especially impressive considering he was demoted to Triple-A in the middle of last year and came into the year as the frequent subject of criticism and trade rumors in Colorado.
Instead he stayed with the Rockies and hit .300 with a .389 on-base percentage, 13 homers, 68 walks, and 12 steals while posting an .863 OPS that topped his previous high by 70 points.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 36
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 57
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 79
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)