Sep 27, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
Fowler is discouraged by the lack of improvement his wrist has made during the past few days and is scheduled to undergo an MRI exam.
It’s an unfortunate ending to what was a breakout season for Fowler, which is especially impressive considering he was demoted to Triple-A in the middle of last year and came into the year as the frequent subject of criticism and trade rumors in Colorado.
Instead he stayed with the Rockies and hit .300 with a .389 on-base percentage, 13 homers, 68 walks, and 12 steals while posting an .863 OPS that topped his previous high by 70 points.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45