Sep 27, 2012, 3:45 PM EST
Fowler is discouraged by the lack of improvement his wrist has made during the past few days and is scheduled to undergo an MRI exam.
It’s an unfortunate ending to what was a breakout season for Fowler, which is especially impressive considering he was demoted to Triple-A in the middle of last year and came into the year as the frequent subject of criticism and trade rumors in Colorado.
Instead he stayed with the Rockies and hit .300 with a .389 on-base percentage, 13 homers, 68 walks, and 12 steals while posting an .863 OPS that topped his previous high by 70 points.
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 23
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 18
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)