Sep 27, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
Fowler is discouraged by the lack of improvement his wrist has made during the past few days and is scheduled to undergo an MRI exam.
It’s an unfortunate ending to what was a breakout season for Fowler, which is especially impressive considering he was demoted to Triple-A in the middle of last year and came into the year as the frequent subject of criticism and trade rumors in Colorado.
Instead he stayed with the Rockies and hit .300 with a .389 on-base percentage, 13 homers, 68 walks, and 12 steals while posting an .863 OPS that topped his previous high by 70 points.
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 0
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 7
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 32
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 60
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)