Sep 27, 2012, 2:38 PM EDT
Doug Fister is stone cold dealing against the Royals.
He just got done striking out nine straight batters, starting with Sal Perez in the fourth inning and ending with Billy Butler in the seventh. Six of them were Royals hitters caught looking. The Tigers currently lead the Royals 4-0 in the bottom of the seventh. (Editor’s note: Detroit won, 5-4.)
Nine straight Ks breaks the record held by Nolan Ryan and Roger Clemens. The major league record is ten, held by Tom Seaver. That’s some pretty heady company for a groundball pitcher like Fister.
Of course, when you’re relying on the Tigers D, you gotta do what you gotta do.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (76)