Sep 27, 2012, 2:38 PM EDT
Doug Fister is stone cold dealing against the Royals.
He just got done striking out nine straight batters, starting with Sal Perez in the fourth inning and ending with Billy Butler in the seventh. Six of them were Royals hitters caught looking. The Tigers currently lead the Royals 4-0 in the bottom of the seventh. (Editor’s note: Detroit won, 5-4.)
Nine straight Ks breaks the record held by Nolan Ryan and Roger Clemens. The major league record is ten, held by Tom Seaver. That’s some pretty heady company for a groundball pitcher like Fister.
Of course, when you’re relying on the Tigers D, you gotta do what you gotta do.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)