Sep 27, 2012, 2:38 PM EDT
Doug Fister is stone cold dealing against the Royals.
He just got done striking out nine straight batters, starting with Sal Perez in the fourth inning and ending with Billy Butler in the seventh. Six of them were Royals hitters caught looking. The Tigers currently lead the Royals 4-0 in the bottom of the seventh. (Editor’s note: Detroit won, 5-4.)
Nine straight Ks breaks the record held by Nolan Ryan and Roger Clemens. The major league record is ten, held by Tom Seaver. That’s some pretty heady company for a groundball pitcher like Fister.
Of course, when you’re relying on the Tigers D, you gotta do what you gotta do.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 31
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 172
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (172)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)