Sep 27, 2012, 1:20 PM EST
And now there’s another reason to root for him, as Perkins shared some really interesting thoughts with Joe Posnanski while breaking down his recent save against the Yankees on a pitch-by-pitch basis.
Perkins talked about the mentality of the closer role, his warm-up routine, how he approaches each matchup, what went through his mind when he served up a homer to Andruw Jones that cut the lead in half, and what doesn’t go through his mind at all during the ninth inning (“I forgot Andruw Jones was on their team”).
It’s a really good read for a whole bunch of reasons, so check it out.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)