Sep 27, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
As promised, Keith Hernandez shaved off his mustache for charity today. Or more accurately, had his mustache shaved off in a big ceremony outside Citi Field in front of fans and media members.
Apparently the whole thing raised $10,000 for the Adult Day Health Center in Brooklyn, so good on Hernandez and the Mets for putting it together.
Most importantly: Now that’s he shaved Hernandez should take another run at Elaine Benes.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)