Sep 27, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
As promised, Keith Hernandez shaved off his mustache for charity today. Or more accurately, had his mustache shaved off in a big ceremony outside Citi Field in front of fans and media members.
Apparently the whole thing raised $10,000 for the Adult Day Health Center in Brooklyn, so good on Hernandez and the Mets for putting it together.
Most importantly: Now that’s he shaved Hernandez should take another run at Elaine Benes.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 10
- Miguel Cabrera ties Hank Greenberg with 331st career homer 10
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 13
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 15
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 6
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot