Sep 27, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
As promised, Keith Hernandez shaved off his mustache for charity today. Or more accurately, had his mustache shaved off in a big ceremony outside Citi Field in front of fans and media members.
Apparently the whole thing raised $10,000 for the Adult Day Health Center in Brooklyn, so good on Hernandez and the Mets for putting it together.
Most importantly: Now that’s he shaved Hernandez should take another run at Elaine Benes.
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 0
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 54
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)