Sep 27, 2012, 10:59 AM EDT
Commence your six-year premature free agency speculation, Philly Pholks. Mike Trout grew up in Phillies country and, according to his dad in this CSNPhilly.com interview, Trout still roots for them:
Trout’s father recalled a story from a few years back when in the middle of the night, Jeff heard Mike scream from his room.
“Dad, we got Roy Halladay!” Mike yelled. To which his Dad responded: “the Angels got Halladay?”
“No, the Phillies did!” Mike replied. “Son, you’re a member of the Angels. What’s with this we?!”
That was in December 2009, six months after Trout was drafted by the Angels and had already played in Rookie and Low-A ball for the club.
Still, it was almost three years ago. We should test this to see if he’s still Phaithful. Quick: someone tell him that Ryan Howard‘s contract sucks and see if he gets all whiny about it.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69