Sep 27, 2012, 10:59 AM EDT
Commence your six-year premature free agency speculation, Philly Pholks. Mike Trout grew up in Phillies country and, according to his dad in this CSNPhilly.com interview, Trout still roots for them:
Trout’s father recalled a story from a few years back when in the middle of the night, Jeff heard Mike scream from his room.
“Dad, we got Roy Halladay!” Mike yelled. To which his Dad responded: “the Angels got Halladay?”
“No, the Phillies did!” Mike replied. “Son, you’re a member of the Angels. What’s with this we?!”
That was in December 2009, six months after Trout was drafted by the Angels and had already played in Rookie and Low-A ball for the club.
Still, it was almost three years ago. We should test this to see if he’s still Phaithful. Quick: someone tell him that Ryan Howard‘s contract sucks and see if he gets all whiny about it.
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 0
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 19
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 346
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 80
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 53
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (345)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (173)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)