Sep 27, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
I’m definitely one of those “wins aren’t a good way to evaluate pitchers” guys, but, you know, whatever.
R.A. Dickey just picked up his 20th win of the season by striking out 13 batters over 7.2 innings of three-run ball against the Pirates, as the Mets hung on for a 6-5 victory.
Dickey is now 20-6 and while his 222/54 K/BB ratio and 2.69 ERA in a league-high 228 innings may be more substantive numbers in terms of actually evaluating his overall performance the knuckleballer joining the 20-win club at age 37 is pretty damn cool.
And if it helps him pick up a few Cy Young votes then that’s nice too.
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 0
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 31
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 53
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 96
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)