Sep 27, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
I’m definitely one of those “wins aren’t a good way to evaluate pitchers” guys, but, you know, whatever.
R.A. Dickey just picked up his 20th win of the season by striking out 13 batters over 7.2 innings of three-run ball against the Pirates, as the Mets hung on for a 6-5 victory.
Dickey is now 20-6 and while his 222/54 K/BB ratio and 2.69 ERA in a league-high 228 innings may be more substantive numbers in terms of actually evaluating his overall performance the knuckleballer joining the 20-win club at age 37 is pretty damn cool.
And if it helps him pick up a few Cy Young votes then that’s nice too.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 15
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 78
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 89
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)